Part time | Multiple locations
- Teaching experience: At least two years of experience in teaching or tutoring English
- Meet one of the following criteria: A bachelor’s degree in any major related to English or a TEFL/TESOL certification from a trusted organization such as TESOL and Bridge
- Reliable technology: Desktop/Laptop and a smartphone/tablet
- A high-speed internet connection of ≥ 25 Mb/s (Check your connection here)
- Committed to teach at least 2 Hallo Courses per month (4+ one-hour classes per week)
- ESL/EFL Teaching experience.
- Social media teaching experience.
- Online teaching experience.
About The Job
For Hallo Courses, we have a rigorous onboarding process to make sure you can provide our students with quality lessons and feedback. If we feel you are a good fit for Hallo Courses, we will invite you to move forward with your application. In one of the next steps, we will give you a lesson plan to use and ask you to teach a 60 minute demo lesson on Hallo.
Criteria for Evaluating Potential Course Teachers
- Ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback
- Adaptability in and outside of the digital classroom
- Cultural understanding and emotional intelligence
- Teaching clarity and effectiveness
- Student Reviews and Feedback
- Time management skills
We may ask applicants to complete multiple interviews and trainings before they are accepted as an official Hallo course teacher. Once accepted, course teachers can set their schedules and students can start to sign up to take Hallo courses with them.
How do course teachers make money through Hallo?
Accepted course teachers can teach Hallo Courses that integrate vetted curriculum, digital homework for students, both written and AI-speaking assessments, specific learning objectives based on global standards of English, and opportunities for students to earn certifications. Course teachers teach 8 one-hour classes per monthly course and can make up to $30/hr with a group of up to 4 students per class. Teachers are required to spend 30 minutes per one-hour teaching to prepare for their class, review students’ homework, and provide specific feedback. The preparation time is also compensated by Hallo at the same hourly rate (up to $30/hr). Some of the benefits are as follows:
Teachers will be able to make:
- 4 students: $30/hr
- 3 students: $22.25/hr
- 2 students: $15/hr
Course benefits for students:
- 8 one-hour live classes with teacher
- 8 half-hour group speaking practice with 2-3 other students
- Learn from a certified, trained English teacher
- Learn through vetted curriculum, homework, quizzes, and online activities
- Take a state-of-the-art AI proficiency test; earn a score based on global standards and a certificate
- Receive personalized, constructive feedback from your teacher and the AI-speaking proficiency test
- Receive access to all 8 classes in your course with the ability to download and watch them offline
- Interact with classmates and your teacher in a private group chat
- Earn a Hallo English Proficiency Certificate
Just like live classes and private lessons, course teachers need to find students that sign up to be able to start making money. However, Hallo will also help promote Course Teachers and provide special incentives to encourage students to sign up. In general, successful teachers on Hallo and similar platforms tend to be present and share their content on social platforms which in turn leads to more business opportunities. We encourage all our teachers to be “teacherpreneurs”.