How to be successful
1) Set your schedule and stick to it. Our students love subscribing to teachers who have consistent schedules and teach multiple lessons every week.
2) Regularly remind users to subscribe and book private lessons with you and how it will be helpful for their learning.
3) Provide subscribers with the opportunity to hop on as much as you can. Most students sign up for classes to practice speaking with you.
4) Try the subscriber-only chat/video at least once a week and increase the number over time. That way, you can focus on your subscribers.
5) Create lessons plans, give constructive feedback, and provide as much value as you can. At the end of the day, students are using Hallo to learn from you.
6) Stay on Instamatch until you connect with a student. You can read a book or do other work while waiting. After each lesson, ask if they’d like to book scheduled private lessons.
7) Improve your teaching skills by continuing your education, by watching other teachers’ classes, and by asking your students for regular feedback.
8) Interact genuinely with students on livestreams and in chats on the app and politely invite them to join your classes.
Finally, know that you can be successful by teaching on Hallo! If you genuinely enjoy teaching and helping people learn English, you are at the right place. Just like anything else, it will take time and effort to be successful, but we promise it will be worth it as long as you are committed. At Hallo, we are here to help ambitious teachers succeed by providing the tools that they need and creating the place for students to come and learn English.
Some of the following techniques can be helpful for improving your lesson quality:
1) Allowing students to talk as much as possible
2) Teaching students based on their needs and levels
3) Treating students with positive attitude
4) Providing constructive feedback each class
5) Explaining clearly and repeating concepts and questions
6) Asking students to use full sentences
7) Preparing and planning for classes in advance
8) Managing time and speed wisely during class
9) Teaching with high energy to motivate
10) Having and sharing clear lesson objectives
11) Encouraging students to get over the fear of speaking
Teachers are the face of Hallo, and we are dedicated to helping them and providing tools they need to be successful on Hallo. The quality of lessons is directly related to our teachers’ success, so we recommend that teachers follow best practices and present their lessons in the best way they can. Here are some of our suggestions:
1) Take training courses and get certified through organizations such as TESOL and Bridge. Hallo teachers get a 50% discount for all Bridge courses.
2) Join other successful teachers’ lessons on Hallo and learn from them.
3) Use the web app and share your screen to go over a curriculum or material.
4) Plan for the lesson and practice beforehand. Planning and practicing make a big difference.
5) Help students apply what they learn by speaking and practicing.
6) Ask students questions and have them participate and engage throughout the lesson.
7) Correct mistakes with kindness and insist on full sentences every time.
8) Use your time wisely. Provide a lesson for 20 min and spend 40 min letting students speak and apply.
9) Provide constructive feedback and summarize the lesson at the end.
10) Rewatch recorded classes and study what you can do to teach better and improve.