How to be successful
- Set your schedule and stick to it. Our students love teachers who have consistent schedules and teach multiple times a week.
- Regularly remind students to book classes and why that will improve their English and give them greater opportunities.
- Provide course students with the opportunity to hop on your livestreams and offer one-on-one lessons for additional help.
- Create lesson plans, give constructive feedback, and provide as much value as you can. At the end of the day, students are using Hallo to learn from you.
- Improve your teaching skills by continuing your education, by watching other teachers’ classes, and by asking your students for regular feedback.
- Interact genuinely with students on livestreams and in chats on the app and politely invite them to join your classes.
Finally, know that you can be successful by teaching on Hallo! If you genuinely enjoy teaching and helping people learn English, you are in the right place. Just like anything else, it will take time and effort to be successful, but it will be worth it.
At Hallo, we are here to help ambitious teachers succeed by providing the tools they need and creating the place for students to come and learn English.
Some of the following techniques can be helpful for improving your lesson quality:
- Allow students to talk as much as possible.
- Teach students based on their needs and levels.
- Engage students with positivity.
- Provide constructive feedback each class.
- Explain clearly and repeat concepts and questions.
- Ask students to use full sentences.
- Prepare and plan for classes in advance.
- Manage class time wisely.
- Bring energy to class.
- Have and share clear lesson objectives.
Teachers are the face of Hallo. We are dedicated to helping them and providing the tools they need to be successful on Hallo. The quality of lessons is directly related to our teachers’ success, so we recommend that teachers follow best practices and present their lessons the best way they can. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Take training courses and get certified through organizations such as TESOL and Bridge. Hallo teachers get a 50% discount for all Bridge courses.
- Join other successful teachers’ lessons on Hallo and learn from them.
- Use the web app and share your screen to go over a curriculum or material.
- Plan for the lesson and practice beforehand.
- Help students apply what they learn by speaking and practicing.
- Ask students questions and have them participate and engage throughout the lesson.
- Correct mistakes with kindness and insist on full sentences every time.
- Use your time wisely. Provide a lesson for 20 minutes and spend 40 minutes letting students speak and apply the lesson.
- Provide constructive feedback and summarize the lesson at the end of the class.
- Rewatch recorded classes and study what you can do to improve your teaching.