How to make money
Live classes are a great way to build a following and find students at the same time. Students pay $7/mo per teacher and sign up for live classes from their favorite teachers to participate and practice speaking. Some of the benefits are as follows:
1. Access to Hop-ons: Send hop-on requests to practice speaking with the teacher.
2. Unlock All Videos: Enjoy all subscriber-only classes and unlock all recordings.
3. Subscriber Badge: Show support by holding a special balloon in the teacher’s classes.
4. Class Schedule: Put the teacher’s classes on your calendar so you don’t miss them.
5. Exclusive Groupchat: Send the teacher direct messages and join the exclusive group chat.
6. Offline Classes: Download your favorite classes from the teacher and learn offline.
There are no hard and fast rules, but we recommend that teachers bring up to 4 subscribers on camera as much as possible so they can have group conversations. For teachers to unlock and keep their subscription option available, they need to schedule and teach at least 2 live classes per week.
There are two ways for teachers to use private lessons on Hallo:
1) Scheduling: Teachers can choose their own schedule and price for private lessons (minimum $5.07/25 minute lesson). As they build a following and become popular through live classes, teachers can continue to increase their price and find more students.
2) InstaMatch: Teachers can find students and make money at the click of a button anywhere, anytime! Teachers make a fixed amount of $0.17 USD per minute through InstaMatch.
We encourage teachers to prepare for lessons in advance, be on time, provide constructive feedback, and ask their students to book more lessons afterwards.
Accepted course teachers can teach Hallo Courses that are based on curriculum, tests, different levels, and certified teachers like English academies. They teach 8 one-hour classes per monthly course and make up to $30/hr with a group of up to 4 students per class. Teachers are required to spend 30 minutes per class in advance to prepare for their class, review students’ homework and provide feedback. The preparation time is also compensated by Hallo. Some of the benefits are as follows:
1) Teachers will be able to make
- 4 students: $30/hr
- 3 students: $22.25/hr
- 2 students: $15/hr
- 1 student: $7.50/hr
2) Course benefits for students:
- 8 1-hour live classes with teacher
- 8 1/2 hour group sessions with 1-3 students
- Certified native English teacher
- Curriculum, homework, quizzes, and activities
- AI proficiency tests
- Constructive feedback from teacher and AI
- Access/download all courses
- Group chat
Just like live classes and private lessons, course teachers need to find students that sign up to be able to start making money.
Although most of our teachers currently earn a side income by teaching on Hallo for 4-20 hours per week, it is our goal for teachers to be able to build their own English teaching businesses and make a career out of teaching on Hallo.
Some of our highest earning teachers make $15-$20/class through live classes and $28+/hr through scheduled private lessons. Both teachers and tutors can also earn $10.2/hr through instant private lessons on Instamatch. With Hallo courses, teachers can make up to $35/hr if they find 4 students per course. The amount of money teachers make largely depends on the amount of initiative they take in building their businesses and the value they are able to provide students.
Hallo teachers can make money as soon as they join, but if you are looking for ways to make a quick buck, Hallo might not be the best fit. It takes time to build a following and start monetizing from our community just like any other platforms (e.g. Twitch and YouTube). However, Hallo provides teachers with the opportunity to make money while building a following and increase their income over time. On Hallo, there is incredible earning potential which is not possible on other typical ESL/EFL platforms.