Students meet with a teacher for 30 minutes for a customized learning experience and constructive feedback. Students can choose times from teachers’ schedules or request a time that works best for them. Pricing for one-on-one classes varies but the minimum price is $7.25 per 30-minute class.
Once the class is scheduled there is a private chat that is created so the teacher and students can coordinate a topic or focus for the class.
All one-on-one classes are recorded on students’ profiles so they can rewatch them and continue improving.
Here are some of the most commonly used tips for our most active and successful Hallo students.
1) Schedule: Find teachers that have schedules that work best for you through the filter feature on the search page.
2) Rating: Look at teachers’ ratings and see how other students value their private lessons.
3) Teaching style: Join other classes from multiple teachers and see if you like their teaching style.
4) Expertise: Use the filters to find teachers that have expertise you are looking for.
4) Friendship: Learn from teachers that you admire and feel comfortable speaking with.
There are hundreds of amazing ESL teachers you can learn from on Hallo.
Click here to book now and become fluent in English!
Students can go to this teacher list to filter teachers by criteria based on their needs.
If a student books a one-on-one class with a teacher on the teacher’s profile, the teacher’s info will show up for the class on the schedules page. When it’s time for your class, a “Join Now” button will show up on the schedules page. When you click on the button it will take you to the class.
All one-on-one class schedules are based on your time zone, and Hallo sends you a push notification 30 minutes in advance just in case you forget.
We recommend that students check their schedules frequently so they don’t miss their lessons or aren’t late. Enjoy!
Yes. Students can get a 5% discount by booking 5 one-on-one classes or a 10% discount by booking 10 or more classes from the same teacher.
Once you find your favorite teacher and want to use this discount, you can ask the teacher to open up more time slots.
If you are late for your class, it’s okay as long as you join within 15 minutes of the start time. After that the teacher is no longer required to stay.
Students are able to message the teachers and communicate conflicts through the private chat.
We recommend that students keep track of their schedule and join on time.
Students can cancel 24 hours in advance and get a 100% refund and cancel within 24 hours and get a 50% refund. When students get a refund, it will show in the transaction history immediately. Students and teachers cannot cancel lessons within 1 hour before their lessons.
1. Choose a topic: Send a message in advance and let the teacher know how you want to spend your time during class.
2. Be on time: Don’t be late! Make sure you join the class 5 minutes before the start time from the schedules page.
3. Enjoy the class: It’s game time! We encourage you to be brave and speak as much as you can. Enjoy!
4. Ask for feedback: Ask questions and ask for feedback from the teacher to customize your learning experience.
5. Book classes again: Consistency is key to your success in fluency. One-on-one classes are very effective because you have all the teacher’s attention on you. Booking with a teacher again is one of the greatest compliments you can give them.
Although you can access everything from mobile, we highly recommend using your laptop or computer to fully enjoy the experience. Using the web app makes it easier to engage with the teacher and any materials being presented in class as teachers and students can share their screen.
You can join your one-on-one class from your schedules page on both mobile and web. 10 minutes before a class starts, the “Join” button will turn green, and you can click on the button to join. We recommend you check your camera, microphone, and internet speed in advance so you can spend all of your time learning and practicing with your teacher.
Yes. One benefit of using the Hallo web app is that teachers and students can share their screens to go over materials during class together.
You can find your recorded classes on your profile page on both mobile and web. You’re encouraged to review and rewatch your classes.