Students can book private lessons with their favorite teachers on their profile to have customized one-on-one lessons. Having one-on-one conversations with English teachers is a great way to correct your mistakes and get constructive feedback. All private lessons are recorded on students’ profiles so they can rewatch them and continue improving.
1. Choose a topic: Send a message in advance and let the teacher know how you want to spend the time during the lesson.
2. Be on time: Don’t be late! Make sure you join the lesson 5 minutes before the lesson from the schedules page.
3. Enjoy the lesson: It’s game time! We encourage you to take the courage to speak and learn as much as you can. Enjoy!
4. Book lessons again: Did you enjoy the lesson? If you did, we encourage you to have lessons with the teacher regularly.
We recommend that you look for the following in teachers when you are wanting to book private lessons.
1) Schedule: Find teachers that have schedules that work best for you through the filter feature on the search page.
2) Rating: Look at teachers’ ratings and see how other students value their private lessons.
3) Teaching style: Join classes from multiple teachers and see if you like their teaching style.
4) Friendship: Learn from teachers that you admire and feel comfortable speaking with.
There are hundreds of amazing ESL teachers you can learn from on Hallo.
Students can go to the teacher search page and look for teachers that have schedules that work best for them.
If a student books a private lesson with a teacher on the teacher’s profile, the teacher’s info will show up for the private lesson on the schedules page. When it’s time for your lesson, a button called “Join Now” will show up on the schedules page that will take you to the lesson when you click on it. Also, if a student booked two lessons back to back, they get automatically combined into one lesson so the student and teacher don’t need to leave the first lesson for the second lesson.
All private lesson schedules are based on your time zone, and Hallo sends you a push notification 30 minutes in advance just in case you forget. We recommend that students check their schedules frequently so they don’t miss their lessons or aren’t late. Enjoy!
If you are late for your lesson, it’s okay as long as you join the lesson before it ends. If you didn’t show up before the lesson ended, you don’t get a refund. We recommend that students keep track of their schedule.
Students can cancel 24 hours in advance and get a 100% refund and cancel within 24 hours and get a 50% refund. When students get a refund, it will show in the transaction history immediately. Both students and teachers can’t cancel lessons within 1 hour before their lessons.