Are you ready to experience a whole new world through our new updates? Now our app is on a different level. 🙂
Version 2.19 – December 1, 2020
- Discover page: We introduced a new main page where you can find new content of teachers and students that you haven’t met in a more organized way. It also means that more people will be able to find your content even faster.
- Streaks: We implemented streaks to help you create a habit of practicing English everyday and keep track of your progress. A streak is the number of days in a row you have practiced English, and once you gain 20 points through live streams or InstaMatch, your streak will increase by 1 day. You can find your streak number and others on the profile, search, following, and InstaMatch pages.
- Streams and hop-ons:
- Streamers can turn on/off their video and audio on their streams.
- Viewers can see who’s speaking when there are multiple hop-ons.
- Viewers can exit streams at one click.
- Any student can stream for 45 min for free every day from now on.
- Only students at level 10+ or Premium users can do “video” streams and hop-ons to make the community safe. New students at levels 1-10 can still enjoy them via audio.
- Fixed all of the echo, robot voice, low voice volume bugs.
- Improved the performance of hop-ons.
- Profile Page: We revamped the whole profile page for both teachers and students to make it more concise and simple to use, and we saved a lot of space! I’m sure you will enjoy the new designs. 🙂
- Home page:
- We added a “Following” section where you can see the content of people you are subscribed to or following. This section is specifically customized just for you.
- We’ve changed our algorithms to update teachers of the week and videos of the week, based on the performance of our teachers over the past 7 days from each day.
- We added a “New Teachers of The Week” section where you can find new teachers everyday.
- Schedules page:
- Teachers can see a “Start Now” button for their scheduled live streams on the schedules page 5 minutes before their classes.
- If a student books two consecutive lessons in a row, the lessons will be combined automatically and shown as one lesson so that teachers and students don’t have to leave the first lesson and join the second lesson to make the transactions work.
- Students can join both streams and private lessons from the schedules page.
- Teachers and students can tap on private lessons to join the classroom even before their classes start and long press them to cancel private lessons
Hallo is improving day by day, and without a doubt, Hallo will continue to help people become more fluent and empower them to find more opportunities in life through language. Let us know what you think about the new features. Enjoy! 🙂
The Hallo Team