We reached 1M users within 1.5 years! At Hallo, we have a clear vision and a noble mission to empower others to find more opportunities in life through language.
We attribute our success to each one of our amazing team members. This is just the beginning of Hallo, and we will change the way people learn a new language.
On to our next goal, 10M users. 🙂
With that being said, here’s another big update! In this release, we focused a lot on improving and fixing our existing features and bugs. Also, our app looks BEAUTIFUL now. Let’s jump right into it!
Version 2.20 – December 15, 2020
1. Hallo Cash + Hallo Coins: We are combining Hallo Cash and Coins so we can have only one currency going forward for our premium features such as teacher subscriptions, private lessons, and Hallo Premium. This update will not only make the app a lot more concise and simple to use but also help our teachers become more successful. If you had coins before, your coins will be converted into Hallo Cash automatically when you update the app.
2. Profile Page: We made the profile page one of our 5 main pages on Hallo and made some UI changes by removing the slide bar and moving the chat page to the top right corner. Now you can also find settings at the top right corner of your profile page.
- Stories: Going through stories was always showing a grey page, so we fixed the issue and made sure that stories get deleted 24 hours after they are created.
- Audio streams: When users started streams with audio, viewers were not able to hear, and they were getting kicked out.
- High fives: Sometimes streams were showing 0 high fives, and we fixed the issue.
- Recording: Some private lessons and streams were not getting recorded.
- Push notifications: Cancelling private lessons and going live sometimes did not send push notifications.
- Private lessons: After a private lesson, the student and teacher were still able to hear each other, and the rating prompt was not showing.
- Hop-ons: We improved the echo and low volume issues and fixed the blurry hop-ons.
- Chats: Messages were disappearing in the message request section, and deleting conversations was not working properly. Messages sent to a particular person were sent to other people if they were sent offline.
- The “Students” section: In the Students section, the first few videos were repeating and not showing the rest of student live streams.
4. UI Updates: We made a ton of UI changes to the home, profile, discover, and schedule pages. Check out the new version for our beautiful designs!
5. Stories: We moved stories to the home page and made it so you can see the stories of people you are following. We also added the feature to the profile page so you can create stories there and see others’ stories in their profile page too.
First of all, let’s give a round of applause to our amazing dev team! They are working really hard everyday to make our app better and help you become more fluent in English. This is just the beginning of Hallo. On to our next goal, 10M English learners on Hallo!
The Hallo Team