Full-time or part-time | Provo, Utah
Hallo is an online platform that helps language learners become fluent through live classes and clubs. Learners can enroll in a course with 3-5 students and learn from native speakers in real-time. Private lessons are also available for students that want more help on specific topics. Outside of classes, students can improve their speaking skills and meet new people on live streams by joining clubs they are interested in.
By focusing on social learning, students are able to build confidence, overcome their fear of speaking and become fluent while learning about the things they love. Team members at Hallo are ambitious and passionate about helping others become fluent and achieve their dreams.
We are looking for passionate, committed, confident team members. We are currently looking for part-time, full-time, and internship positions as Curriculum Developers. As a curriculum developer, you will play a critical role in developing Hallo’s English curriculums and contributing to our main products, which will help our students and teachers have a great, effective learning experience in their classes. The end goals are 1) developing curriculums around topics that could help English learners advance their careers and 2) conducting focus groups and getting feedback from students to decide on what’s next for our curriculum.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Create lessons for beginner-advanced ESL Learners
- Work with a team to create new activities, topics, and course designs
- Finish curriculums from start to end including brainstorming and designing
- Conduct focus groups to decide on what curriculums are next
- 1-2 years of experience teaching English Language Learners or creating curriculum
- major in fields related to English or linguistics
- TESOL Minor/Major
- TESOL background
- Passion for language learning, marketing, design, and startups
- Experience with video editing and design skills (Adobe)
- Creative thinking with a bias towards execution
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent people, collaboration and team building skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and drive results
*It is not necessary to know all the above (it’s not a checklist;) What is most important is an ambitious attitude and ability to learn quickly (growth mindset). We are all learning every day and trying to become our best at Hallo.
- Live with passion
- Dream big
- Lead with Excellence
- Be an entrepreneur
- Ride together
*IMPORTANT: Check out this article, “Why You Should Join The Hallo Rocketship” before submitting your application to see if you would be a good fit for Hallo.