Part time | Multiple locations
About The Job
Our mission is to help all language learners become fluent. Hallo provides the greatest opportunity for students to speak with passionate teachers and students all around the world anytime, anywhere.
Our Hallo community has more than 2 million English learners who interact with teachers and other students from around the world. We provide students and teachers great opportunities to socialize in groups through live group lessons. For those students that prefer that same spontaneous interaction with a teacher but likes some privacy, InstaClass is a great option. Our student community benefits tremendously through group lessons and 1-on-1 lessons provided by our native English teachers. Students are able to build self-esteem, overcome their fear of speaking, and become fluent to ensure a brighter future and greater opportunities.
- 1-2 years of teaching experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S., Canada, or the UK
- Access to a U.S. bank account or PayPal
- Reliable tech equipment
- ESL/EFL Teaching experience
- Social media teaching experience
- Online teaching experience
Criteria for Evaluating Potential Hallo Teachers
- Strong accountability, ownership, and responsibility
- Ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback
- Adaptability in and outside of the digital classroom
- Cultural understanding and emotional intelligence
- Teaching clarity and effectiveness
- Professionalism and creativity
How do Hallo teachers make money through Hallo?
- 1-on-1 lessons
- Group lessons
On-demand 1-on-1 lessons have great potential to lead students to your schedule and start learning consistently. Students and teachers alike, enjoy the flexibility of on the go learning. 1-on-1 lessons are great for those students that want a little more privacy. Each scheduled lesson is 30 minutes but students can book back-to-back, if it is available.
Group lessons are scheduled on the same day a week at the same time, providing students with consistency at an affordable price. Teach a group of up to 10 English learners in class around your favorite topics. Students subscribe to your on-going lessons to participate and speak English in a group setting.