Head of Engineering
Full time | Provo, Utah
Start Date: ASAP
About The Job
Hallo is an emerging startup in Utah. Software engineers at Hallo develop the next-generation technologies that change how language learners and teachers connect and interact with each other via live streaming. As a fast growing startup, our products need to evolve quickly as we are introducing and testing new features and handle usage at a massive scale, and extend well beyond the mobile app. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including Flutter, Firebase, AWS, international payment gateways, Web RTC, large-scale system design, data storage, artificial intelligence, web and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will wear multiple hats and work on various projects critical to Hallo’s needs with opportunities to lead the development team and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be agile, versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Hallo aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures lead to the creation of better products and services.
Hallo is and always will be not only a language learning company but also an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions in the future, of users. At Hallo, engineers not only develop and innovate new features, but they work on performance, massive scalability, and large-scale applications. Hallo engineers are changing the world by disrupting the language learning industry and building the future of language learning.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software quickly.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- Equity that will be worth a lot
- Health insurance
- Startup experience
- Countless opportunities
- Best investment you could ever make in yourself
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, mobile application development, Flutter, Firebase, Web RTC, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, and/or networking.
- Startup experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Dart, Flutter, Firebase, AWS, and Web RTC.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Demonstrated expertise working with one or more of the following: Infrastructure, Machine Learning, Mobile and Web Application Development.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages.
*IMPORTANT: Check out this article, “Why You Should Join the Hallo Rocket Ship” before submitting your application to see if you would be a good fit for Hallo.