Part time | Provo, Utah
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Linguistics, TESOL, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- TESOL Certificate.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in teaching English.
- Fluent in English.
- Teaching experience with the TOEFL and IELTS exams.
- Social media experience.
- Online teaching experience.
About The Job
Hallo is a live streaming community where English learners become fluent. They spend most of their time in textbooks, not speaking because it’s hard to find opportunities to practice with real people in order to overcome the fear of speaking. With Hallo, now English learners can speak with native speakers or other learners on live streams, audio calls, and video calls at the click of a button.
We are currently looking for an ESL teacher that can teach IELTS/TOEFL courses on behalf of Hallo on our platform 10-20 hrs/week. The teacher will get paid $15/hr and 20% of their income from the Hallo platform. Unlike ESL classes, academies, or schools, Hallo teachers can teach their classes via livestream with an unlimited number of students, creating their own teaching schedule.
Hallo aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures lead to the creation of better products and services.
- Be the face of Hallo and use Hallo’s official account to teach TOEFL and IELTS courses.
- Teach four 90 min long lessons a week.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Provide reports, constructive feedback, and suggestions for the company.
*IMPORTANT: Check out this article, “Why You Should Join the Hallo Rocket Ship” before submitting your application to see if you would be a good fit for Hallo.