Full time | Provo, Utah
Start Date: ASAP 🙂
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave
- P/Maternity Leave
- Unlimited Opportunity
About The Job
Hallo is an emerging startup in Utah. Software engineers at Hallo develop the next-generation technologies that change how language learners and teachers connect and interact with each other via live streaming. As a fast growing startup, our products need to evolve quickly as we are introducing and testing new features and handle usage at a massive scale, and extend well beyond the mobile app. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including Flutter, React, Firebase, AWS, international payment gateways, Web RTC, large-scale system design, data storage, artificial intelligence, web and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will wear multiple hats and work on various projects critical to Hallo’s needs with opportunities to contribute to the main products of Hallo as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be agile, versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Unlike most of the companies in the language industry, Hallo is a tech company. We are driven by our mission, and we will continue to invest in technology and innovate. In a world saturated with B2B products, Hallo is a consumer product with a powerful social impact element. We LOVE consumer products with beautiful designs. What’s even more thrilling is tackling the challenges associated with building a product at worldwide scale. That is cool!
Hallo aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures lead to the creation of better products and services. We work with people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions in the future, of users. At Hallo, engineers not only develop and innovate new features, but they work on performance, massive scalability, and large-scale applications. Hallo engineers are changing the world by disrupting the language learning industry and building the future of language learning.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software quickly.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, mobile application development, Flutter, React, Firebase, Web RTC, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, and/or networking.
- Strong quality, architecture, communication, teamwork, ownership
- Startup experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Dart, Flutter, React, Firebase, AWS, and Web RTC.
- Master’s, PhD degree further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.