Everything you need to know about becoming a Hallo teacher.
What are the requirements to be able to teach?
- Native to the U.S., Canada, Australia, UK, New Zealand, or Ireland, South Africa
- Speak English with a native or bilingual fluency
- At least 1 year of ESL teaching experience
- Desktop or laptop with a reliable and fast Internet connection of ≥ 25 Mb/s
- Access to PayPal or direct deposit (read more in the payment section)
- TESOL or equivalent certification (very helpful)
- A commitment to professionalism and kindness towards students
How long before I hear back after submitting my application?
- Due to a high volume of applicants please plan on 1 – 2 weeks
- If you haven’t heard back after 2 weeks, you can follow-up with an email to email@example.com
Congratulations you’ve been accepted as a Hallo teacher! What’s next?
- Sign and return your contract
- Have the Hallo team upgrade your student account to teacher status
- Create your profile and schedule
- Set up your account for payments
- Teach your first live stream!
Teachers, be social! Make some noise in the Hallo community. Don’t wait around, be proactive. Find your niche and build your brand here on Hallo.
Many teachers come excited to start teaching classes right away! Hallo is a much different platform. Our students are very social and want to engage and build relationships of trust with their teachers.
- Teachers need to be active and consistent with livestreams and their schedules to build a stronger community of followers.
- Teachers should be friendly, accepting, fun, engaging, sincere, passionate and dedicated.
- Teachers need to understand that having a full schedule will take some time.
How do I maintain an active status?
- Have an up-to-date teacher bio, profile picture, and intro video (see example here)
- Create professional thumbnails for live streams and live classes (see example here)
- Come dressed for success (helpful tips here).
- Be present in class with your camera on
- Avoid copyright and trademark protected resources and materials
- Have one-on-one classes, live classes, and speaking clubs listed on your schedule
- Keep students on Hallo. Do not teach Hallo students on other platforms or independently.
- Be professional and kind with Hallo management, fellow teachers, and students.
Can I change my handle?
Yes you can every 30 days. Any time that you do, you’ll need to let management know firstname.lastname@example.org. On mobile select your profile page, click Edit Profile and change your Username.
When are the best times to teach on Hallo?
Because we have students all over the world and from so many time zones, the best time to teach is when there is less competition from other teachers. Search the current classes and try scheduling at a time where there are fewer or even no teachers currently teaching.
I wasn’t accepted as a Hallo teacher. What can I do?
- Go back and review the requirements. You may have missed submitting your demo video or misunderstood the instructions.
- We may not be hiring new teachers at this time.