- Legally eligible to work in the U.S., Canada, Australia, UK, New Zealand, or South Africa
- Speak English with a native or bilingual fluency
- At least 1 year of ESL teaching experience
- Desktop or laptop with a reliable and fast Internet connection of ≥ 25 Mb/s
- Access to PayPal or direct deposit (read more in the payment section)
- TESOL or equivalent certification (very helpful)
- A commitment to professionalism and kindness towards students
- Background check (more information coming soon)
Teachers, be social! Make some noise in the Hallo community. Don’t wait around, be proactive. Find your niche and build your brand here on Hallo.
Many teachers come excited to start teaching classes right away! Hallo is a very different platform. Are students are very social and want to engage and build relationships of trust with their teachers.
- Teachers need to be active and consistent with livestreams and speaking clubs to build a stronger community of followers.
- Teachers should be friendly, accepting, fun, engaging, sincere, passionate and dedicated.
- Teachers need to understand that teaching classes will take some time.
- Have an up-to-date teacher bio, profile picture, and intro video (examples coming soon)
- Create professional thumbnails for courses and live streams (examples coming soon)
- Come dressed for success (more details coming soon).
- Be present in class with your camera on
- Avoid copyright and trademark protected resources and materials
- Have private classes/courses and speaking clubs listed on your schedule
- Keep students on Hallo. Do not teach Hallo students on other platforms or independently.
- Be professional and kind with Hallo management, fellow teachers, and students.
- UPDATE: Hiring is on hold until mid-November.
- Due to high volume of applicants please plan on 1 – 2 weeks
- If you haven’t heard back after 2 weeks, you can follow-up with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign and return your contract
- Take the FAQ quiz
- Have the Hallo team upgrade your student account to teacher status
- Create your profile and schedule
- Set up your account for payments
- Attend a new teacher training
- Go back and review requirements. You may have missed submitting your demo video or misunderstood the instructions.
- We may not be hiring new teachers at this time
- You will be notified if you’ve been hired or put on the wait list